The overall number of admissions to Polytechnic Courses has risen substantially in recent years. There are various colleges that offer diploma degrees in a variety of subjects, including engineering. Many top Polytechnic engineering colleges provide diploma programmes in a wide range of Polytechnic disciplines.
What is Polytechnic?
A polytechnic course is a dynamic learning experience in which students can pursue a diploma or skill-based course based on technical education. These courses are a viable solution to degree programmes, and students can pursue them after finishing secondary school. Polytechnic courses emphasize the development of skills and practical experience over theoretical knowledge. Students receive a diploma upon completion, which typically eligible them to apply for employment in their field of interest.
Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2023 in India
Students who want to pursue a career immediately after finishing Class 12th can take the Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2023 in India. Polytechnic and Diploma in Engineering courses are very trendy among engineering students. Admission to Polytechnic Diploma courses is guided and controlled by the concerned Government authorities of the corresponding states across India. The Diploma in Engineering or polytechnic courses is a skilled technical course that lasts three years full-time. The purpose of the Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2023 in India will be to screen the most suitable candidates for enrollment in engineering diploma courses.
Read more: B.Tech in Marine Engineering
List of Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2023 in India
The following table presents the significant Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2023 in India their Names, Registration Dates, and respective Polytechnic Exam Dates.
|Polytechnic Entrance Exams 2023||Registration Dates|
Polytechnic Entrance Exam Date 2023
|AP POLYCET 2023||February 16, 2023, to April 30, 2023||May 10, 2023|
|APJEE 2023 (Arunachal Pradesh)||Third week of April to the third week of June 2023|
|Assam PAT 2023||The first week of May to the second week of June 2023|
|DCECE 2023(Bihar)||Third week of May to the second week of June 2023|
|Delhi CET 2023||Third week of June to the first week of July 2023||August 2023|
|CG PPT 2023||Third week of April to the second week of May 2023|
|HP PAT 2023.||The first week of April to the May last Week 2023|
|JEECUP 2023||January 2023|
|Uttarakhand JEEP 2023||Third week of January to last week of May 2023|
|JEXPO/VOCLET (West Bengal)||First week of March to the third week of April 2023|
|Jharkhand PECE||The second week of May to the last week of May 2023|
Bachelor of Structural engineering- Syllabus, Jobs, Salary
Polytechnic Exam Based on 10th & 12th
Several universities & colleges offer acceptance to polytechnic courses based on their class 10th or 12th-grade point average. Candidates can find a list of some of the state-wide admission to polytechnics after 12th grade based on their marks.
|States||Polytechnic Admissions 2023|
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission 2023|
|Gujarat||Gujarat Diploma Admission 2023|
|Karnataka||Karnataka Polytechnic 2023|
|Kerala||Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2023|
|Tamil Nadu||Tamilnadu Polytechnic Admission 2023|
|Punjab||Punjab Polytechnic Admission 2023|
|Goa||Goa Diploma Admission 2023|
|Haryana||Haryana Polytechnic 2023|
B.Tech Production Engineering- About, Syllabus, Jobs, Salary
Polytechnic vs B.Tech
Both Polytechnic and B.Tech courses may be useful in assisting you in your career planning.
- A B.Tech course, on the other hand, awards you a degree, whilst a polytechnic course awards you a certification.
- B.Tech courses frequently take four years to finish as opposed to the three years that polytechnic courses do.
- B.Tech Degrees typically have more expensive fee structures than Polytechnic.
- It is feasible to obtain both of these credentials (BTech & Polytechnic Certification), and a polytechnic certificate may make obtaining a B.Tech degree easier.
Diploma in Engineering: Eligibility Criteria, Course Fee, Admission, Top Colleges
List of Top Polytechnic Colleges in India
Although, Polytechnic Diploma Engineering contains many courses such as Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Automobile Engineering, and many more, check the below list to know the 10 Top Polytechnic Colleges in India which make students skilled workforce who can obtain a job in the industry very easily.
- Pusa Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University, Delhi
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
- VPM’s Polytechnic, Thane
- Government Polytechnic Mumbai
- Chhotu Ram Polytechnic, Rohtak, Haryana
- LPU School of Polytechnic
- Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic
- Government Polytechnic College, Ambala
- Govt. Polytechnic College Bikaner
B.Tech in Mobile Application and Information Security
Polytechnic Course Subjects
Various Polytechnic Course Subjects are offered at both government-owned and privately owned polytechnic colleges. Overall, students may receive a diploma in a technical field, such as engineering, or a diploma in a non-technical field, such as the arts and sciences. Many polytechnic colleges are continuing to expand their polytechnic course offerings, and some specific examples of polytechnic course subject areas are listed below.
|Subjects Cover Different Polytechnic Courses|
Polytechnic Courses Eligibility Criteria
Predefined conditions must be met by candidates in order to be eligible for admission to polytechnic diploma courses. As a result, candidates should carefully review the eligibility criteria listed below to ensure that they are suitable for admission.
- A 10th-grade graduate from any recognized board is eligible to apply (CBSE or Any State Board).
- Students with a high school diploma are also eligible to apply.
- Students who studied Science and Math in the 12th grade can enroll directly through lateral entry in the second year.
- These Polytechnic courses require a minimum of 14 years of age.
- Students must have a minimum percentage of more than 35% in their 10th Class.
|Polytechnic Courses||Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria||Duration|
|Diploma Polytechnic||10th Board Exam Pass||3 Yrs.|
Direct Admission in Second Year (lateral entry)
|ITI or 12th Board Exam Pass||2 Yrs.|
|Diploma + B Tech||10th Board Exam Pass||6 Yrs.|
|Diploma + B Tech + M Tech||10th Board Exam Pass||8 Yrs.|
There are several good Polytechnic Careers options available after completing your polytechnic diploma courses such as Bachelor of Engineering, Graduation in a Specific stream and students can enroll in AIME courses. Read below the details about these Polytechnic Careers.
B.Tech Courses –
- The most common option for Polytechnic Diploma holders, especially those from technical fields, is to pursue a B.Tech or B.E. Applicants must take the Engineering Entrance Exams for the college and subject of their choice.
- For lateral entry, many engineering colleges acknowledge Engineering Diploma students. Lateral admission entails enrolling in an engineering programme during the second or third semester of a B.Tech / B.E. programme.
- Several colleges administer completely separate entrance exams to evaluate diploma holders for lateral entry admission.
- The qualification for The candidate must have passed the 12th grade or have a diploma from a recognized university.
- After completing your BTech, you can expect to earn between INR 2.5 and 4 LPA.
Specific Graduation Stream –
- Polytechnic Diploma holders could indeed seek graduation in their specific study domain by enrolling in a three-year normal undergraduate course, in addition to B.Tech and B.E. programmes.
- This option is especially appealing for Diploma holders from non-engineering programmes who are able to enroll in three-year standard graduation programmes like B.Sc, B.A., BCA, and B.Com.
- Students must have finished their Class 12 Board Exam or +2 certificate or have passed a diploma or an equivalent degree from a recognized university to be eligible for admission to these courses.
- The average salary after graduating in a specific field is INR 2 TO 4 LPA.
AIME Certification courses-
- Enrolling in the AIME Certification Course is another option for engineering diploma recipients. A.I.M.E (Associate Member of the Institutions of Engineers) certification is a licensed professional equivalent to a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- AIME certificates are awarded by the Institute of Engineering, India to those who complete the AIME course.
- The AIME exam is divided into two parts, and the curriculum takes about four years to finish.
- Polytechnic Diploma holders, on the other hand, are excluded from a few Section A papers, notably Project Work. They should be able to obtain AIME accreditation in about three years.
- Candidate must have completed a 12th-grade or a diploma from a recognised university.
- After completing AIME courses, the average salary ranges from 2.5 to 4 LPA.
Jobs After Polytechnic
Government Jobs Following Polytechnic –
Following the polytechnic, candidates can apply for various government jobs in railways and other government sectors. Candidates may be hired for junior and technical positions such as Junior Engineer, IT Assistant, PSU Jobs, Clerk, and Technician.
Private Sector Polytechnic Jobs –
After completing their polytechnic course, candidates can pursue private employment in sectors such as construction, manufacturing, electrical, or communication. They will be hired at a junior level at first, but there will be opportunities for advancement after a few years. After joining a private company, they can work as a Junior Mechanical Engineer, Junior Construction Engineer, IT Assistant, or Electrical Assistant.
Options for Self-employment –
The final job option for polytechnic students is to start their own businesses and become self-employed. They could, for example, open a technology repair center, a garage, or an auto repair shop.
1 thought on “Polytechnic, Career & Job, Admission process, Eligibility, Fees”
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it. However, I don’t know much about a certain place. Can you help me?