Lesson Plan for Mathematics Class IX, Chapter 8, Quadrilaterals. CBSE Lesson Plans for Mathematics Teachers, Method to Write Lesson Plan For maths Class 9, Lesson Plan for Mathematics Grade IX, Lesson Plan for Maths Teachers By GMSLEARNER.XYZ offered for Free.
|Lesson Plan for Class 9 Mathematics Chapter 8 Quadrilaterals | Different types & Properties of quadrilateral & more|
Board – CBSE
CHAPTER 8 : Quadrilaterals
- Different types of quadrilaterals.
- Properties of quadrilateral.
- Properties of triangles.
- Recall the definition of quadrilaterals.
- Identify different types of quadrilaterals.
- Design different quadrilateral under given conditions.
- (Prove)The diagonal divides a parallelogram into two congruent triangles.
- (Motivate) In a parallelogram opposite sides are equal and conversely.
- (Motivate) In a parallelogram opposite angles are equal and conversely.
- (Motivate) A quadrilateral is a parallelogram if a pair of its opposite sides is parallel and equal.
- (Motivate) In a parallelogram diagonals bisects each other and conversely.
- (Motivate) In a triangle, the line segment joining the mid-points of any two sides is parallel to the third side and is half of it.
- (Motivate) In a triangle if a line is drawn through the mid-point of one side of triangle and is parallel to the second side then it bisect the third side.
- Apply the Mid-point theorem and solve problems related to the midpoint of sides of a triangle
[For complete explanation of the topic click here]
The topic will be introduced by meaning of the topic ‘QUADRILATERALS’: The word ‘quad’ means four and the word lateral means sides.
Thus, a closed plane figure bounded by four line segments is called a quadrilateral.
Teacher will give examples from our day to day life such as Square, Rectangle etc.
Teacher will differentiate these by their properties. It is commonly used in our day to day life.
Teacher will give a questionnaire in groups to check different types of quadrilateral.
This activity will help the students to relate the concept with daily life situations.
Teacher should provide proofs of all the theorems mentioned in the objective and guide the students to prepare only those theorems for the examination which are mentioned with the word “Prove” in front of the statement. Teacher will also help the students in implementing these theorems and basic concepts in different problems.
Weak students will be given special attention and if possible then provision of their sitting should be made in the front row.
In order to increase the concept clarity in the minds of the students teacher should divide the content in parts and prepare worksheets for all types of students.
Special worksheets for weak students should be made.
- Different types of quadrilaterals and their properties.
- Relationship between different types of quadrilaterals.
- Able to apply different theorems in the problems.
- Able to draw different types of quadrilaterals.
- Review questions and all basic points assigned by the teacher.
- Solve NCERT problems with examples and with important theorems.
- Students may prepare their PowerPoint presentations on the properties and different types of quadrilaterals.
Students can extend their learning by studying basic concepts and formulas of mathematics through the Resource Centre Mathematics and can find interesting topics on mathematics at the site https://www.learncbsee.in/