General Knowledge for Kids: These days Kids spend most of the time in front of Television or with Mobile Phones and are hardly aware of what’s happening in and around the world. Cartoons and games keep them glued to the electronic devices and your child might turn anti-social over the long run. As the world is getting highly competitive day by day it is necessary that your kids stay up to date with the happenings around the world.
General Knowledge is a vast topic to dive into and is difficult to mention a handful of GK Questions for your School Going Kids. We have compiled some of the basic and simple GK Questions for your kids based on their Age Groups and Classes. Begin with the GK Questions prevailing here as the only way to excel in General Knowledge is through Practice.
- GK Questions for Kids between Age 4-7 Years
- General Knowledge Questions for Kids Age 8 – 10 Years
- GK Quiz Questions for Kids of Classes 4, 5 Age Group 10- 12
- True or False GK Questions for Kids
- GK Quiz Games for Kids
- Basic GK Quiz – Multiple Choice Questions
- General Knowledge Question and Answers for Kids
GK Questions for Kids between Age 4-7 Years
This is the age where children will be thirsty to know more information and GK questions can be a great activity for them. Some of the General Knowledge Questions listed here may seem easy for you, but they can be completely new for kids as they are in the beginning stage of learning new things.
1. How many days do we have in a week?
2. How many days are there in a year?
Answer: 365 (not a leap year)
3. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
4. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert?’
5. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
6. How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
7. How many sides are there in a triangle?
8. In which direction does the sun rise?
9. What do you call a type of shape that has five sides?
10. Which month of the year has the least number of days?
11. What is a baby frog called?
12. Where does a pig live?
13. We smell with our
14. Which is the largest mammal?
Answer: Blue Whale
15. What do you call the person who brings a letter to your home from post office?
General Knowledge Questions for Kids Age 8 – 10 Years
By this age, kids might have started observing things and developed some awareness about what’s happening around them. As the Kids are communicative at this age you can ask them questions that have sentence long answers too. These GK Questions are for Kids who have already started exploring.
16. What type of gas do plants absorb?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
17. Which place is known as the roof of the world?
18. Who was the first prime minister of India?
Answer: Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
19. How many years are there in one Millenium?
Answer: 1,000 years
20. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
21. How many primary colors are there?
Answer: Three (red, yellow, blue)
22. Which way is anti-clockwise, left or right?
23. How many equal sides does an isosceles triangle have?
24. How many days are there in the month of February in a leap year?
Answer: 29 days
25. What do you call a house made of ice?
26. Which is the longest river on the earth?
27. Which is the principal source of energy for earth?
28. Which is the smallest continent?
29. Which is the densest jungle in the world?
Answer: The Amazon rainforest
30. Which is the coldest location in the earth?
Answer: East Antarctica
GK Quiz Questions for Kids of Classes 4, 5 Age Group 10- 12
This is a Crucial Age as your kids learn most during this time. The Questions listed under this section can be a bit tough compared to the sets listed above. But, we are sure that your child will get it right.
31. What is the standard taste of the water?
Answer: Water is tasteless
32. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
33. Which country is called the land of rising sun?
34. Which is the fastest animal on the land?
35. Who is the inventor of electricity?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin
36. Which continent is known as ‘Dark’ continent?
37. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
38. Which is the tallest animal on the earth?
39. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
40. Which two parts of the body continue to grow for your entire life?
Answer: Nose and Ears
41. The largest ‘Democracy’ in the world?
42. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
43. Which is the instrument used to measure Blood pressure?
44. How many years are there in a century?
Answer: One Hundred
45. Which is the largest country in the world?
Answer: Russia (By area)
True or False GK Questions for Kids
The Best thing about True or False Questions is there are 50% of chances to score a point even if you don’t know the right answer. Some of the primary GK Questions and answers in this format are as such
46. Caterpillars turn into butterflies.
47. Adults have a total of 34 teeth.
48. There are 30 days in May.
49. New York is the capital of America.
50. Cinderella’s carriage turns into a potato.
51. Half of 250 is 125.
52. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
53. A jellyfish is 95% water.
54. Plants give us oxygen.
55. Bubble gum contains rubber.
56. 8 o’clock in the evening is written as 8 am.
57. Bacon was part of the first meal eaten on the Moon.
58. Spinach originally comes from Iran.
59. Watermelons are originally from Australia.
Answer: False (originally from West Africa)
60. Black Forest cake has the same colors as the traditional dress of the inhabitants of the Black Forest in Germany.
61. There are over 330 different dog breeds in the world.
62. Thunderstorms have particular sound frequencies that can hurt a dog’s ears.
63. Adult dogs and adult humans have the same number of teeth.
64. The deadliest earthquake of 2017 took place in Iran and Iraq.
65. Electrons are larger than molecules.
66. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain. True or False?
67. Chameleon’s have extremely long tongues, sometimes as long as their bodies?
GK Quiz Games for Kids
Quizzes can be really fun to play and you can make your kids learn different topics. This game is called Odd one out and your kid have to identify the one that is not related to the ones in the group.
68. Theater, Ticket, Movie, School
69. Brinjal, Potatoes, Cabbage, Chocolate
70. Medicine, Injection, Ointment, Laptop
71. Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Photograph
72. Television, History, Science, Math
73. Knife, Poison, Gun, Books
74. Paper, Poster, Book, Rug
75. Flower, Tree, Sock, Grass
76. Earrings, Necklace, Wood, Bracelet
77. Sarah, Rita, Fiona, Matthew
Basic GK Quiz – Multiple Choice Questions
MCQ Question Format Quiz is quite easier when compared to Standard Question and Answer Format. Here are few questions in that format
78. How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards?
79. What is the most popular sport throughout the world?
80. What is the hottest continent on Earth?
D. South America
81. How many planets are there in our solar system?
82. What type of tree do dates grow on?
83. What is the 15th letter of the English alphabet?
84. Can you name the country from where Parmesan cheese comes?
85. Which was the occupation or job of the following famous people: Leonardo da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh?
86. Which one is not amongst the Seven Wonders of the World?
A. Mecca Madina
B. Statue of Liberty
C. Taj Mahal
D. The Great Wall of China
Answer: Mecca Madina
87. Which of the following birds is known for its intelligence?
General Knowledge Question and Answers for Kids
88. Which gas is most abundant in the earth’s atmosphere?
89. Which is the continent with the most number of countries?
90. How many people are there in the world?
Answer: Over 7 billion
91. How many strings does a violin have?
92. Which is the most common non-contagious disease in the world?
Answer: Tooth Decay
93. Global warming is caused by the excess of which type of gas?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
94. What is the name of the biggest rain forest in the world?
Answer: The Amazon
95. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
96. Which African nation is famous for chocolate?
97. Which instrument is used for measuring wind speed?
98. Which is the smallest continent in the world?
99. What covers approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface: Land or water?
100. What is the top color in a rainbow?
101. Which country is home to the kangaroo?
102. Which language is used by the computer to process data?
Answer: Binary language
103. ‘Stars and Stripes’ is the nickname of the flag of which country?
Answer: United States of America
104. Which country gifted The Statue of Liberty to the United States?
105. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci
106. What is the name of the Greek God of music?
107. Who invented the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
108. What does the “SIM” in the SIM card stand for?
Answer: Subscriber Identity Module
109. Which is the first element on the periodic table of elements?
110. Which is the tallest waterfall in the world?
Answer: Angel Falls
No matter, how much you learn about General Knowledge it is always inadequate as it has vast topics. Begin your kids’ preparation from here and take it to the next level. Encourage your kids to learn more and more. If you have any other awesome quiz questions list that you think we can add to the list do let us know your suggestions.
If you like the article share it among your friends and family and spread the knowledge.
|General Knowledge For Kids | Simple GK Questions & Answers for Kids|