CUET 2022 Guidelines
What is CUET 2022?
National Testing Agency has been entrusted with the responsibility of conducting the Undergraduate entrance tests for all the Central Universities (CUs) for the academic session 2022-23. CUET will provide a single-window opportunity for students to seek admission in any of the Central Universities (CUs) across the country. DU has finally planned to take admission through CUET.
The CUET (UG) – 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode.
Why Common University Entrance Test 2022 [CUET] is required?
- It was observed that there is huge competition in top universities with high cut-off marks, so the exam was introduced to reduce the high cut-off standards for entering prestigious colleges.
- The exam is a centralized test for top universities like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Central University of Punjab, and Jawahar Nehru University.
- Instead of appearing for multiple entrance tests, you can focus on a single aptitude test to get admission to these top universities.
Which universities are included in CUET?
Some of the major central universities covered under CUCET or CUET include Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Jamia Millia Islamia, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Aligarh Muslim University, Banaras Hindu University, Sikkim University, Mizoram University, Central University of Himachal.
Begin your CUET Preparation well in advance as this will help you complete the syllabus on time and you will also be left with ample time to revise all the topics at least once before the exam.
- For the Quantitative section, revise all the concepts of standard 8th, 9th, and 10th mathematics as most of the questions might be asked from these topics.
- For English, improve your vocabulary by making a habit of reading the newspaper daily.
- Note down the difficult words and their meanings in a notebook and try to revise them regularly.
- Try to solve as many logical reasoning questions as possible that are given at the end of textbooks. In this way, you can enhance your speed and accuracy.
- Practice more and more puzzle-related questions to improve your problem-solving skills.
- Attempt at least two mock tests weekly to analyze your preparation levels.
CUET UG 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be required to attempt three sections for appearing in the CUET 2022 Exams as per the requirement of the University. these sections are :
- Section I – Language (A and B)
- Section II – Domain-Specific Questions
- Section III – General Test
In Section I, candidates will be given 45 minutes for each language and candidates must be 40 questions out of 50 for each language opted.
In Section II, 45 minutes for each domain subject will be given. Candidates must attempt 40 questions out of 50.
In Section III, candidates must attempt 60 questions out of 75 within 60 minutes given to them for this section. All the questions in each section will be Objective-Based Multiple-Choice Questions, MCQs.
CUET UG 2022 Syllabus
Section I: Languages, will be further divided into 2 sub-sections – Section IA and IB. This section will test language through Reading Comprehension (Factual, Literary, and Narrative), Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary.
In Section II: Candidates will be asked domain-specific questions. The domain here refers to the field in which the candidate will be seeking admission and the questions will be asked on the subjects the candidate registers for during CUET UG 2022. In this section, the question will be based on the CUET syllabus only.
Lastly, in Section III, candidates will be tested on their general aptitude. The questions in this section will be based on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical Concepts taught till Grade8), and Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
CUET Marking Scheme
Each question will carry 5 Marks and there would be a negative marking of 1 mark.